Skip to main content

Understand


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1cREmdw40M43KVPb6OITjDwcboiPKtyPw

They’re are so few people who get me. Who truly, undoubtedly get me. Just the other day my parents found out that I don’t like chicken very much. 

It’s not that I hide who I am, it’s that I don’t think that they’d understand. (Not that I don’t like chicken) They don’t understand my vulnerabilities that I keep so heavily guarded. If they knew half of what I thought on a daily basis I think they would be amazed at what runs through my mind. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1EwT5_4Xk36WXw7HRA58y8BQ3IYTd45OZ
This is so off putting because of you meet me, you will say I am the bubbliest, happiest girl you have ever met. Yet often times that leads you to being taken advantage of. And I stay quiet about it, but I am not blind to it. I see what goes on. 

I just choose to take the higher road. When it is unbearably necessary then my bite is way harder than my bark. My bark is non existent but my bite will tear you apart. 

To have self respect, you must take a stand for yourself. You don’t have to be a squeaky wheel every single time one little thing goes wrong, but you have to set boundaries. 

I read this book ages ago that said don’t sweat the small stuff, and I don’t. And we all know the phrase keep calm and carry on, and I do. But by having boundaries you develop respect for yourself. You say when enough is enough. 

Having a mental illness blurs those lines. Personally, I always felt like everyone was better than me so I needed to respect their opinion. NO! We are all on an equal playing field. Everyone’s has crap that stinks. No one is perfect. 

I thought I should shrink down because I was an inferior or a second class citizen because I was handicapped or helpless. That is so far from the truth. 

Those of us with mental illness, we are powerful and we need to harness and embrace the uniqueness of our mental illness and find the strength in it and use it to our advantage to not be taken advantage of. 

Even if that means letting go of people
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Dc3WZ080_pQNfKiXMeuehBMaoCkXmw2V

Boundaries are important to establish. You are not a second class citizen because of your disorder. Nor are you special. We are all alike. We are all one in the same living and walking this same journey called life 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...

Values and Boundaries

What are your values and boundaries? Should we create boundaries? How do we create boundaries? How do we value ourselves? These are all very good questions that I hope I can help to clarify Jeremiah 5:22 “Have you no respect for me? Why don’t you tremble in my presence? I, the Lord define the ocean’s sandy shoreline as an everlasting boundary that the waters cannot cross. The waves may toss and roar but they can never pass the boundary I set.” Boundaries. What is a boundary? Webster defines boundary as something that indicates or fixes a limit or extent. In that verse God set His limit with the Israelites. He called them out and asked them, why are you crossing my boundary that I have placed before you? I have boundaries set in place and you have directly gone against them. Why? In Jeremiah 4:18 God says “Your own action have brought this upon you. This punishment is bitter, piercing you to the heart.” So not only did God place boundaries, he also said there were consequen...