I have been a Lone Ranger for quite some time and by that I mean, I haven’t been reading my Bible like I should. I know God is with me. I know His grace covers and protects me, and I know He is sovereign but I have been taking it for granted.
I went to my home church this morning. I’ve been going to River Oak but I decided to go to my home church with my mom this morning.
The message really spoke to me. Pastor Ray said basically that it’s easy to understand from an outside perspective and make a judgment call but unless you know the context of the situation you don’t understand the concept of the reality of the situation.
He preached out of John 4 where Jesus had to go through Samaria which was basically going through a land of the most hated people to get to Galilee. There he met a Samaritan woman by the well who had been married 5 times and living with a man. And he asked her for water. And she was surprised. Then Jesus said if she only knew the gift God had for her and she were to ask, He would give her living water. She tells Jesus He doesn’t even have a bucket or rope to draw water with.
Then Jesus told her everything she ever did and the woman was in shock and she went back into the village and spread the news to everyone that Jesus was the Messiah.
Pastor Ray talked about how we are buckets, and the Harvest is ripe. And how it is ready to be picked just like the Samaritan woman was ready to be saved but we need to work for it.
That message hit home for me because I AM that Samaritan woman. No I did not have 5 husbands, I only had one, but I was ready for my bucket to be filled and it was this morning. Wow. God is so good.
I would never turn my back on God, it’s just that I stopped making him a priority and when I did, I noticed that everything around me started falling too. I opened my bible this afternoon and this is the verse I read.
I don’t know how God uses Pastor Ray to speak to my heart but He does. He uses him to speak directly to me on a very personal level to hear a message that I feel is specifically for me. I’m sure there are other people who feel this way because Pastor Ray is gifted in preaching.
I needed to hear that message this morning because I needed to hear that I belonged somewhere and that I have a mission to serve a purpose bigger than myself and not to just go to church just to go to church. The rest will fall into place as God allows it to. My mission is to be a bucket now that overflows with the love of God so deeply that others are blessed by it.
When I was 16 I had a vision called the Fountain of love. It was a three layer fountain where God poured into the top and it overflowed into the next layer that poured into the world. That is my mission. Through my blog I want to pour my love and my experience and my passion for God and mental health and fill it so much that it overflows into you that you can pour it out into your world.
I don’t just want my voice to be heard. I want Gods voice to be heard through me and I want your voice to be heard as His voice pours into me and overflows into you and then from you into your own world.
Let your love shine today. Be inspired by this word. I was.
Comments
Post a Comment