Skip to main content

Security



Why am I constantly deleting myself and recreating myself? Am I having some sort of midlife crisis? I doubt it, I’m not old enough for that. Is it an identity crisis? I doubt that. I’m to firm in my identity for that. 

I’ve been the same little girl that was in the fields picking flowers with the other girls and tying them together making head bands; while at the same time chasing the boys around the play ground playing tag. I’ve never grown out of that. This isn’t an identity crisis. 

So why do I feel the need to constantly recreate myself? I’ve deleted and recreated my bumble so many times that it’s embarrassing to even say hi. I’ve gone AWOL from Facebook except to post blogs only to delete them within 24 hours. 

The only security I have is the loss of security. This is different from insecurity. I am not insecure. I am very secure in who I am. But in the loss of security I find my security. By this, I mean by not placing my value of myself in other peoples opinion and allowing myself the grace and option to recreate myself until I’m satisfied with who I want to be, I feel satisfaction. 

I’m not afraid to appear foolish. Yes, I’m going through that teenage funky stage of figuring things out. I am growing. Right now I’m a 


I won’t apologize for me going through this stage. It appears absolutely insane on the outside, but that’s because as outsiders you see the concept with out understanding the context. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1rIG_1DNPc48ZZ-sFUnIFqm1Gj8WO1En_

I understand this quote at a deeper level, and I think I’m trudging through the negatives right now to get to the positives that will come at the end of this tunnel I am walking through. 

This tunnel is more like the kind you go through at a haunted theme park that has strobe lights and a twisting bridge and all sorts of funny things happening. I’m ok with that. You have to go through the bad to get to the good. 

I read a quote that said two men looked out through the barn and one saw mud and the other saw stars. I see stars. While I am trudging through this, my chin is up and I see the silver lining. I am changing. My life is changing. 

Caterpillars go through darkness to turn into butterflies. Coal undergoes pressure and turns into a diamond. I too am undergoing some kind of crazy sort of unrealistic something and I believe something beautiful is going to come out of all the changes. 

At some point I will settle down and I will become grounded. I will stop deleting and I will just know. That this is it, this is now. This is where I begin and I will start from there and never look back and just continue forward. I’m so close to that stage. 

I’ve set my goals, and they are achievable. I have my people, and they are good. It’s leap year. 

So maybe I will leap today into the start of not looking back and just moving forward. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1mKQ2Mw0Y89M3x9e5YBNesJ_8xSAXRU3-
The past is now my stepping stones and I am leaping forward. Tomorrow is March 1, and I am stepping ahead one foot in front of the other, with security. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...

Values and Boundaries

What are your values and boundaries? Should we create boundaries? How do we create boundaries? How do we value ourselves? These are all very good questions that I hope I can help to clarify Jeremiah 5:22 “Have you no respect for me? Why don’t you tremble in my presence? I, the Lord define the ocean’s sandy shoreline as an everlasting boundary that the waters cannot cross. The waves may toss and roar but they can never pass the boundary I set.” Boundaries. What is a boundary? Webster defines boundary as something that indicates or fixes a limit or extent. In that verse God set His limit with the Israelites. He called them out and asked them, why are you crossing my boundary that I have placed before you? I have boundaries set in place and you have directly gone against them. Why? In Jeremiah 4:18 God says “Your own action have brought this upon you. This punishment is bitter, piercing you to the heart.” So not only did God place boundaries, he also said there were consequen...