Skip to main content

Let it go

You can’t move forward if you hold on to the past. You need to let it go and not hold on to it bitterly or with regret. Your past can hold you from living your best future. 

Unlocking the best future you can possibly have starts with letting go of the regrets of the past. Let go of the pain, let go of the bitterness. Forgive. Forget. Wipe the slate clean and move forward. It does not mean return to your past. It means you let go. 

So many people are trapped in this disillusionment that harboring anger towards people will help ease their pain, but it won’t. It will only hurt you more to keep these feelings of bitterness trapped inside. 

If you want a living testimony I have one. Just ask. 

I see so many people living with resentment after breakups and and divorces that it’s not even funny. It’s only hurting you. It’s not hurting them. It’s hurting you. It’s preventing you from living your best life. 

It’s human nature to want to be loved. And when that bond is broken our ego takes a huge hit. And when our ego takes a hit our defenses rise and bitterness and resentment and anger enters in. And it only hurts us and prevents us from moving forward. 

What if we just moved forward? What if we looked ahead instead of playing the victim?

I am living proof of what can happen when you let go and move forward without harboring any bitterness, hate, resentment, or anger. 

I am living my best life. And it is awesome. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Clarity

I have been a Lone Ranger for quite some time and by that I mean, I haven’t been reading my Bible like I should. I know God is with me. I know His grace covers and protects me, and I know He is sovereign but I have been taking it for granted.  I went to my home church this morning. I’ve been going to River Oak but I decided to go to my home church with my mom this morning.   The message really spoke to me. Pastor Ray said basically that it’s easy to understand from an outside perspective and make a judgment call but unless you know the context of the situation you don’t understand the concept of the reality of the situation.  He preached out of John 4 where Jesus had to go through Samaria which was basically going through a land of the most hated people to get to Galilee. There he met a Samaritan woman by the well who had been married 5 times and living with a man. And he asked her for water. And she was surprised. Then Jesus said if she only knew the gift God had for her...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...