Skip to main content

Human

What is self love?
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1y9uBluxdvHhG4rivs5MNGpFGhvM3Xpk2

Don’t be afraid to be yourself. Completely and wholly. Yourself. After all, we are all human. 


We are often caught in this loop of negative self talk because we are limited by our circumstances of the cards we’ve been dealt. Take those cards and play them, play them well no matter what hand you’ve been dealt. 

We aren’t called to be this immaculate ideal perfect human being. We are all flawed in some way. No one is perfect. We are called to be real. 

This starts by taking off the masks. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1TYkmn2VY1_ah0V6VM_BZt-AaO42bcdhY

Whether you face a mental illness or not, love yourself. Love everything about yourself. Accept the beauty that is yourself and don’t compare yourself to others. You were created to be special and unique just as you are. 

You were beautifully designed from head to toe, every single detail was picked out - and you are beautiful. So stop talking negatively about yourself. 

When you stop talking negatively about yourself you will be so surprised how the internal representation of yourself starts changing into the world around you in a positive way. 

All it takes is reshaping the lens in which we view ourselves that will change the way in which we see the world. It’s baby steps. It starts small, start by saying today I accept myself. 

Then it grows from there until you are a confidence queen and your confidence will radiate into other people regardless of whether you have a mental illness or not. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...

Values and Boundaries

What are your values and boundaries? Should we create boundaries? How do we create boundaries? How do we value ourselves? These are all very good questions that I hope I can help to clarify Jeremiah 5:22 “Have you no respect for me? Why don’t you tremble in my presence? I, the Lord define the ocean’s sandy shoreline as an everlasting boundary that the waters cannot cross. The waves may toss and roar but they can never pass the boundary I set.” Boundaries. What is a boundary? Webster defines boundary as something that indicates or fixes a limit or extent. In that verse God set His limit with the Israelites. He called them out and asked them, why are you crossing my boundary that I have placed before you? I have boundaries set in place and you have directly gone against them. Why? In Jeremiah 4:18 God says “Your own action have brought this upon you. This punishment is bitter, piercing you to the heart.” So not only did God place boundaries, he also said there were consequen...