Skip to main content

Florida Showers

She comes and goes like Florida Showers


Loving her gives her the power-
The smile on her face masks the pain in her eyes

I painted this the other night. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1JOqSpNx7dR0t5cwlemxjj4eBBcCHvcE7

It was symbolic for my friend Kaitlyn. She loves dream catchers and she has 3 daughters. 

Right now I am really trying to find my grounding again. At the moment I’ve lost my foothold on my foundation. I need it back. I feel a little like Florida showers and my paintings are the only things keeping  me a little sane at the moment. They help me give words to emotions I can’t express in words and in that painting I gave adoration to a person that I admire more than anything in this world. It was a picture of gratitude and thankfulness poured out onto a piece of paper. 

Emotions suppressed are so unhealthy. And when you can’t figure out how you feel and you can pour them into an outlet, man it’s so amazing what can come out. 

I am burning with so many emotions right now that is so hard to put into words and that I can only pour out on paper. I’m honestly lost in how I am feeling. I am not misunderstood - I don’t even understand myself right now so it’s impossible to be misunderstood. 

I am navigating my way through my feelings not with words and not through journaling but with art and on paper. And it’s helping me to release some of the emotions that I’ve bottled up for so long that I didn’t even understand that I felt. 

Art triggers a part of your brain and releases emotional experiences that didn’t realize you even felt until after you start feeling them and wow is it a wild ride. And an eye opening experience. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Clarity

I have been a Lone Ranger for quite some time and by that I mean, I haven’t been reading my Bible like I should. I know God is with me. I know His grace covers and protects me, and I know He is sovereign but I have been taking it for granted.  I went to my home church this morning. I’ve been going to River Oak but I decided to go to my home church with my mom this morning.   The message really spoke to me. Pastor Ray said basically that it’s easy to understand from an outside perspective and make a judgment call but unless you know the context of the situation you don’t understand the concept of the reality of the situation.  He preached out of John 4 where Jesus had to go through Samaria which was basically going through a land of the most hated people to get to Galilee. There he met a Samaritan woman by the well who had been married 5 times and living with a man. And he asked her for water. And she was surprised. Then Jesus said if she only knew the gift God had for her...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...