Skip to main content

Dreams


We used to be kids in the backseat wasting time
talking about high hopes and day dreams
never thought love
never thought life could take us far
in what we believed

This is a lyric from one of Mat Kearney songs and it really resonates with me. I am literally chasing my dreams right now being a mental health advocate. I have always dreamed big dreams and big things would happen, I never dreamed what they would be. I never had vision.

Now I have a goal. That goal is to provide hope for you all. One way I will do that is by sharing pieces of myself and my story. Another way I will do that is providing strategies to cope. I will also do that by showing fragments of resilience and hope and courage to go out and be bold and share your own story with the world.

I am so stepping out of my comfort zone, and you are stepping with me. I can see how many people view my blog, and I am so excited to see you guys following me on this journey.

I am keeping calm and trusting in God, but I am so excited to see all of this unfold.

Today I am going makeupless because of all the encouragement I got from going authentic last night.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=15XVKmY76XeKGfW33TkooskNSU2DQEI8C

Thank you for that.

I hope to inspire you with a blog post later this evening when I get inspired to write again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Clarity

I have been a Lone Ranger for quite some time and by that I mean, I haven’t been reading my Bible like I should. I know God is with me. I know His grace covers and protects me, and I know He is sovereign but I have been taking it for granted.  I went to my home church this morning. I’ve been going to River Oak but I decided to go to my home church with my mom this morning.   The message really spoke to me. Pastor Ray said basically that it’s easy to understand from an outside perspective and make a judgment call but unless you know the context of the situation you don’t understand the concept of the reality of the situation.  He preached out of John 4 where Jesus had to go through Samaria which was basically going through a land of the most hated people to get to Galilee. There he met a Samaritan woman by the well who had been married 5 times and living with a man. And he asked her for water. And she was surprised. Then Jesus said if she only knew the gift God had for her...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...