Skip to main content

Control


How can you smile in the face of adversity? When something that you put hope in literally falls like a rock on your head, how do you put a smile on and cope with it and go about your day?

First, you count your blessings and give praise to God. He gives life, He gives love, He brings light to the darkness. 


Second, you believe that God is sovereign and He has a plan for your life. He has a destiny for you. He created you for a purpose and He will use you. 

Third, you take a deep breath and you put a smile on your face and you fake it until you make it. Give yourself the proper amount of time necessary to vent and sulk, but don’t stay stuck there. 

It is necessary to give yourself the proper amount of time to allow yourself to feel, but at some point you need to pick up the pieces and keep moving along. The world keeps on turning regardless of a broken heart. 

Having a mental illness makes it a lot harder to deal with these emotions, especially having bipolar disorder. It is because we feel things deeply. We feel things at an intensity that is almost unbearable at times. And when the lows go low they go really low. 

It’s important to have a safety net to fall on to. To have a set of friends to lean on and lean on hard. It’s important that you can count on these friends and it’s important that you can share your burdens with them to lighten the load. (Remember it works both ways) 

It is also important to continue to take care of yourself when the lows get low. Don’t let yourself go. Don’t allow a rock falling on your head knock you down. Get back up and fight. Fight for your life. This is your life and you are responsible for it.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xeoz-NBiu5s10tfAUnq1iNGJxO3Qh8vw

Don’t accept defeat. Today I sulked for a good 6 hours. Then I got up, I got dressed and I went and spent the day with my family.
 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1t-cBve7IXApxmUOGuosKJPkAwLw8yhX8https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xnP8tHuUpdtziFkNEGu-4nhnb-JlbLTK

There is no room in my heart for bitterness and anger. There is no room in my heart for resentment. I am letting go and letting God. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Clarity

I have been a Lone Ranger for quite some time and by that I mean, I haven’t been reading my Bible like I should. I know God is with me. I know His grace covers and protects me, and I know He is sovereign but I have been taking it for granted.  I went to my home church this morning. I’ve been going to River Oak but I decided to go to my home church with my mom this morning.   The message really spoke to me. Pastor Ray said basically that it’s easy to understand from an outside perspective and make a judgment call but unless you know the context of the situation you don’t understand the concept of the reality of the situation.  He preached out of John 4 where Jesus had to go through Samaria which was basically going through a land of the most hated people to get to Galilee. There he met a Samaritan woman by the well who had been married 5 times and living with a man. And he asked her for water. And she was surprised. Then Jesus said if she only knew the gift God had for her...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...