Skip to main content

Run and Hide

I have literally deleted myself and created myself on bumble more times than I can count on two hands and two feet. I have deleted and reactivated my Twitter 4 times in the past 2 weeks. I literally have a blog post title “Ghosted”.  And I have edited my Facebook profile to include my blog and erased it several times. 

So what’s up? 

Listen to this song. 


You can blame this on my mental health and instability but that’s not what it is at all. I am 100% stable and I have been for a while now. There’s a deeper cause that doesn’t need to be treated by medicine but by finding out the root of the problem that you can only figure out for yourself. No one can tell you the problem. You have to find it out on your own through self awareness and exploration and spending time thinking about how exactly you are feeling and why you are feeling that way- self reflection. 

And this is what I have concluded 

I literally want to be loved. Not in the romantic sense. In general. Love to me is a loaded gun and my heart is beating too fast and it scares the life out of me. I don’t want to run and I don’t want to hide so instead I keep playing peek a boo and it’s confusing people when in reality, I’m too scared to take the leap and jump in with my whole heart. I’m scared of being broken and shattered again by what anyone thinks of me. So I put myself out there and I take myself back over and over again. I’m so scared that I’m getting it wrong when in my heart I’m so certain I’m getting it right. 

Mental health is my passion. It is what I absolutely live for. Sharing my story is something I want to do. In time I will share more and more pieces of it. 

So I’m taking a jump. I’m taking the leap. Tonight I setting a firm foundation for a house that I won’t bulldoze. I won’t destroy this one. I’m setting a footprint into my path for my future. This is the direction I want to head in. This is where I want to go. 

You will see more from me in the future. I’m going to be brave and I’m going to be bold, I’m going to have courage and I am not going to run and hide 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Clarity

I have been a Lone Ranger for quite some time and by that I mean, I haven’t been reading my Bible like I should. I know God is with me. I know His grace covers and protects me, and I know He is sovereign but I have been taking it for granted.  I went to my home church this morning. I’ve been going to River Oak but I decided to go to my home church with my mom this morning.   The message really spoke to me. Pastor Ray said basically that it’s easy to understand from an outside perspective and make a judgment call but unless you know the context of the situation you don’t understand the concept of the reality of the situation.  He preached out of John 4 where Jesus had to go through Samaria which was basically going through a land of the most hated people to get to Galilee. There he met a Samaritan woman by the well who had been married 5 times and living with a man. And he asked her for water. And she was surprised. Then Jesus said if she only knew the gift God had for her...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...