Skip to main content

Oceans


Life is a mystery. It is the great unknown. We really don’t know what tomorrow brings. I didn’t know what was happening to me when I sat in the doctors office with Dr Faulkenstein in fetal position. 

He asked me where my dad was. I replied “he’s in the Oval Office.” I literally thought my dad was in the CIA and he was connected to President Barack Obama. I specifically remember on the drive to the doctors office writing an encrypted message in a Manila envelope labeled “Disclaimer” and handing it to the lawn boys on my way out of my neighborhood. 

That was my very first experience with a delusional episode which is a common signifier of Bipolar type 1. 

Symptoms started weeks before that, but escalated into a full blown manic episode. Another doctor who specialized in psychiatric care tried to give me water and crackers but I was convinced that he was “in on the plan” so they gave me medicine. Which I complied with. And I got better. 

There’s more to the story which will unravel as my blogs progress. 

I am listening to Oceans, a worship song. And I am just so amazed by how Gods sovereign hand has always been my guide. How He has been with me through all of my experiences. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=11VzoXQ11rqkJiwnqm6Tc7kRH0YcoYfBQ
I have gone through plenty of therapy and doctors visits and I am so stable on my medication and have been for 4 years, and they say if you comply with your meds you will never experience another delusion. God is so good. I have countless stories to share where my life could have been put in great danger. And I will share them in time, because I am that bold and shameless. 

God is faithful. 

Life is a mystery, just like Carmen San Diego was a mysterious woman and in honor of her... here is my Carmen San Diego jacket

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ihGhegJPakulXifTAjk5VZkjTIwXLdJ2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...

Values and Boundaries

What are your values and boundaries? Should we create boundaries? How do we create boundaries? How do we value ourselves? These are all very good questions that I hope I can help to clarify Jeremiah 5:22 “Have you no respect for me? Why don’t you tremble in my presence? I, the Lord define the ocean’s sandy shoreline as an everlasting boundary that the waters cannot cross. The waves may toss and roar but they can never pass the boundary I set.” Boundaries. What is a boundary? Webster defines boundary as something that indicates or fixes a limit or extent. In that verse God set His limit with the Israelites. He called them out and asked them, why are you crossing my boundary that I have placed before you? I have boundaries set in place and you have directly gone against them. Why? In Jeremiah 4:18 God says “Your own action have brought this upon you. This punishment is bitter, piercing you to the heart.” So not only did God place boundaries, he also said there were consequen...