When you play with fire you get burned.

I exposed myself so openly for the world to see and so boldly I laid myself so shamelessly naked and exposed.
There’s a big difference in a private life and a public life and I am learning to draw boundaries in being a mental health advocate. What to share and what not to share. What not to share is the every day happenings. What’s ok to share is my past that is long history.
It’s a learning process and I am still learning on this journey. I am learning to be open without being too open that I make myself clam up and go into a hibernation of shame.
It’s a tricky thing to play with fire. You have to learn how to handle it. I remember sitting in Hawaii at a luau and watching the artist handle the fire sticks. I sat there with amazement in my eyes. That is what I am attempting to do with mental health and it’s a balance. I am getting there and I’ve found my style. Now I am trying to find my voice. Bear with me.
Comments
Post a Comment