Skip to main content

Resilience



https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1hGg9Ilav03_sncOyY53x35TKP2QUYQr5

I feel things  d e e p l y. 
It’s like a child who experiences the smallest tragedies as a big deal. Yea- never grew out of that. It is because certain parts of my brain light up that don’t typically light up in the average brain. So what happens is I over think and I feel immensely. 

Medicine totally helps stabilize my moods but it doesn’t change the intensity of my feelings just the way I react to those feelings. I have control over my reactions. I don’t have control over how I feel. I cannot say something doesn’t bother me when it does because even at a subconscious level it affects me. 

I saw an elderly couple cross the street one time and I melted in tears because I thought it was the sweetest thing. Emotions are not something I can turn on and off. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1RAZf5VV03HtXu6SBip6fu3wlfl56fKkh

Bipolar - a brains light up everywhere!!! Neurotransmitters are on fire! This is not made up, this is science. Yes it can be manipulated with medicine but you still feel the emotions and the intensity of it, what changes is the way you respond. You don’t swing from one mood to the other. You don’t go from zero to one hundred. You learn self control. 

I highly agree with medicine, if it’s right for you. Many people abuse medicine or are not accurately diagnosed or just don’t know enough to properly describe their symptoms to their doctors for their doctors to make the proper diagnosis. Do your research!!! Then do some more! Then don’t stop until you’ve exhausted all the google searches and reddit boards! 

As far as feelings go, feel deeply and don’t be afraid to wear your heart on your sleeve. It’s one of the most beautiful things you can do to be this genuine creature in a world that hides behind masks. 

I will totally admit that on bumble I play the tough chick. It’s so easy to wear masks on social media. It’s easy to broadcast what people want you to see and not be so candid. 

But in real life, people wear masks too. In. Real. Life. 

They hide behind this picture of perfection instead of owning that we are all beautifully flawed. I own it. I am totally a walking contradiction. My mind changes with the direction of the wind. What you see is exactly what you get and there is no hiding anything. 

Vulnerability and the ability to let your guard down and allow your weaknesses to be exposed isn’t such a bad thing. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1BVNvzKwMYnGW-VaIHvAgpbP61B7u8hKk

I’ve been asked why I can walk around so unashamed about my condition with Bipolar Disorder. 

Why should I have shame? I didn’t choose this. Do I have shame over some of the things I did when I was unstable? Yes and no. I’ve forgiven myself for them and I am hardcore religious with taking my medicine so that way it never happens again. I take care of myself. 

Mental illness isn’t something we chose. It is a chemical imbalance in our head. It is something that happened due to circumstances that triggered neurotransmitters to stop firing correctly to release dopamine or serotonin or GABA or so on. It isn’t solely your fault. It is an environmental and genetic composition that predisposes someone to this predicament. 

So no, I have no shame. It’s a condition I have and why shouldn’t I boldly speak about it and see the silver lining in it and how it gives me the ability to feel things deeper than the average person and see the world in a different perspective than most people because of the experiences I’ve gone through. 

What’s it’s done is create a testimony for me to share with others of the incredible power of resilience and how God has literally had His hand on my life from the beginning until now guiding me every step of the way. His grace has always covered me. 

True candid moments and feelings: this is me wearing my heart on my sleeve:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1CcVIfOPCL1yLpUJc2e_qgU34wm3e_uXchttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1I3hyNI8nfTWTpsQ8LP7PHjRv6Zv0KU8H

Yesterday was a rough day. I have bad days too. And I definitely had one yesterday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Clarity

I have been a Lone Ranger for quite some time and by that I mean, I haven’t been reading my Bible like I should. I know God is with me. I know His grace covers and protects me, and I know He is sovereign but I have been taking it for granted.  I went to my home church this morning. I’ve been going to River Oak but I decided to go to my home church with my mom this morning.   The message really spoke to me. Pastor Ray said basically that it’s easy to understand from an outside perspective and make a judgment call but unless you know the context of the situation you don’t understand the concept of the reality of the situation.  He preached out of John 4 where Jesus had to go through Samaria which was basically going through a land of the most hated people to get to Galilee. There he met a Samaritan woman by the well who had been married 5 times and living with a man. And he asked her for water. And she was surprised. Then Jesus said if she only knew the gift God had for her...

Security

Why am I constantly deleting myself and recreating myself? Am I having some sort of midlife crisis? I doubt it, I’m not old enough for that. Is it an identity crisis? I doubt that. I’m to firm in my identity for that.  I’ve been the same little girl that was in the fields picking flowers with the other girls and tying them together making head bands; while at the same time chasing the boys around the play ground playing tag. I’ve never grown out of that. This isn’t an identity crisis.  So why do I feel the need to constantly recreate myself? I’ve deleted and recreated my bumble so many times that it’s embarrassing to even say hi. I’ve gone AWOL from Facebook except to post blogs only to delete them within 24 hours.  The only security I have is the loss of security. This is different from insecurity. I am not insecure. I am very secure in who I am. But in the loss of security I find my security. By this, I mean by not placing my value of myself in other peoples opinion and...