Skip to main content

Inspired


Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint

 

Lately, I have felt weak. For the whole month of October I struggled. This verse has been on my computer screen at work every single day so I see it Monday through Friday for 8 hours a day. I have also been listening to exactly three worship songs, Oceans by Hillsongs, Great are You Lord, and Surrounded. I listen to them on repeat to get me through the work day. I get into it to. My coworkers probably think I am nuts. Haha. I hold on to Gods promise. I hold on to it with my pinky finger if I have to, and this weekend I had a major breakthrough.

 

I had what they call confirmation. I don’t know if they actually call it that. That is just what I am calling it. I had confirmation from God that I am exactly where I should be, doing exactly what I should be doing. I had a moment. I had an experience. And it was amazing.

 

I told my Pastor not too long ago that I felt like the Israelites in the dessert, and I was pretty desperate for God. And I was one hundred percent serious when I said that. I felt that way. It wasn’t that I felt God abandoned me. I knew He had not. I just wasn’t sure of where I was supposed to be or what direction my life was headed. I had just gone to 3 interviews for a major job and failed to get the job. Whoever said a job can’t break your heart, it can. That’s a lie.

 

I was also going through some other difficulties with a failed marriage, which is not easy to go through either. So two rocks being thrown at you at one time is kind of hard to handle.

 

I was lying on a rock in a hard place, and I wasn’t sure what to do. I felt weak, but I know I serve a mighty God. I know He has a bigger picture and bigger plan and a bigger purpose for my life and that was all confirmed this weekend. It was anointed.

 

There are those of you that are going through a hard time right now, and you feel like the Israelites in the dessert. I have been there too. I literally have bible verses hanging on every inch of my cubicle so that I can hold on to God’s promises and let Him carry me when I can’t hold on anymore. I was literally holding on with my pinky fingers, fighting with everything in me to keep my strength alive.

 

And I will repeat the verse again because I feel it is necessary

 

Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint

God will renew your strength. You will soar on wings like eagles. You will run and not grow weary. You will walk and not be faint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Clarity

I have been a Lone Ranger for quite some time and by that I mean, I haven’t been reading my Bible like I should. I know God is with me. I know His grace covers and protects me, and I know He is sovereign but I have been taking it for granted.  I went to my home church this morning. I’ve been going to River Oak but I decided to go to my home church with my mom this morning.   The message really spoke to me. Pastor Ray said basically that it’s easy to understand from an outside perspective and make a judgment call but unless you know the context of the situation you don’t understand the concept of the reality of the situation.  He preached out of John 4 where Jesus had to go through Samaria which was basically going through a land of the most hated people to get to Galilee. There he met a Samaritan woman by the well who had been married 5 times and living with a man. And he asked her for water. And she was surprised. Then Jesus said if she only knew the gift God had for her...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...