Skip to main content

NYC

In 2013 it happened again. Although this time it was triggered by my intense love for New York City.

My uncle and my aunt took me for my graduation present and spoiled me rotten. We stayed at the Waldorf in the fanciest room with the best walk in shower. And I was treated like a princess. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1JTkMSwhbu-gHW9FRfR8jZsf3VQ8epktchttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1TBS97OPd0cEPSQrSYyzpwx6rMB_RaCwT
The whirlwind of the hustle and bustle just catalysted a trigger in me that sent me into a spiral. When I can back from NYC I started dressing differently and acting differently and I started having delusions of gradious where I thought my dad had contacts watching over my every move. 

I went to NYC April 5-8 and on April 13 the Boston bombing happened and that was when shit hit the fan. I thought I was the suspect they were looking for even though I had done nothing wrong but again with delusions of grandious you think that way. My dad kindly told me I wasn’t special enough and no one was looking for me. 

He knew something was wrong so he took me to the ER where my friend Jordan met me and I am so thankful she did. She has been a huge part of my life. She’s been there through a lot. The doctor sent me to an inpatient treatment center for a week and I got better. 

I was working at Buffalo Wild Wings at the time and I told them I was going to Hawaii for a week. Sure was not. 

It was difficult coming back to work with my head held high. I was embarrassed and ashamed but in the long run it’s made me so much stronger of a person. 

During this episode I remember walking around the neighborhood and throwing my purse in the bushes and holding my bar glow stick up in the air saying I’m ready for you to come and get me and taking my keys and setting them on top of the rock in front of our neighborhood. 

I did some bizarre things. But I did not have control of my mind. I knew what I was doing, I did not know why. I also went on a scavenger hunt to 711 to find my SOS because I was ready to drive off to NYC with him, the only thing is... he had no clue I even like him. 

It was a giant mess and there’s so much more to this story that I will tell at another time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...

Values and Boundaries

What are your values and boundaries? Should we create boundaries? How do we create boundaries? How do we value ourselves? These are all very good questions that I hope I can help to clarify Jeremiah 5:22 “Have you no respect for me? Why don’t you tremble in my presence? I, the Lord define the ocean’s sandy shoreline as an everlasting boundary that the waters cannot cross. The waves may toss and roar but they can never pass the boundary I set.” Boundaries. What is a boundary? Webster defines boundary as something that indicates or fixes a limit or extent. In that verse God set His limit with the Israelites. He called them out and asked them, why are you crossing my boundary that I have placed before you? I have boundaries set in place and you have directly gone against them. Why? In Jeremiah 4:18 God says “Your own action have brought this upon you. This punishment is bitter, piercing you to the heart.” So not only did God place boundaries, he also said there were consequen...