Skip to main content

2016

When i was on my way to Eastern Va medical institute i distinctly remember after they let me out of the emergency vehicle and unchained me, i knelt down to tie my shoes tighter. I was preparing for a marathon. I did not know what i was gearing up for but i was gearing up!

They led me into the wait room. I sat there pacing back and forth. Then started doing jumping jacks. Then push ups. Then the guy next to me started asking me questions so i started talking to him. He said he was sent here because he got in trouble for going to a party and getting busted for weed. That was the first time i questioned why i was there.

They called my name and i was led to the back. They took my weight and blood pressure and then told me if anyone asks i am there for a period study. So i literally thought i was there for a period study. 

I was then led into a big room that was an activity room but reminded me of the tv set orange is the new black for God knows what reason... 

No one was in the room at the time. I sat at a table and played with a penny for about 5 minutes until a bell rang and a crowd of people came out. I was so confused. I literally thought i was on the set of orange is the new black. So i went around tearing up peoples drawings then when they got upset i went on a scavenger hunt. 

I looked down the hallways and found a friends name and started looking for him. It wasnt until a nurse found me in a room and asked what i was doing there that i got discovered. I then told said nurse that i was going to punch her in the face and she called for back up and 6 nurses later and one giant shot of geodon and an ambulance ride i dont even remember and i found myself waking up in Virginia Beach Psych. I dont even remember leaving Eastern Va! I do very vividly remember all the events there.

Thank God for modern medicine. I will never have to experience another delusional episode again. Yes i still do experience mania. But not delusional episodes and nothing severe enough to require hospitalization or to put myself or anyone else in any danger.

Mental illness is very real. Mental wellness is very important. I have come a long way since then and the road has not always been easy but it has always been worth it. This story is for you and your family. You know who you are💖

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Clarity

I have been a Lone Ranger for quite some time and by that I mean, I haven’t been reading my Bible like I should. I know God is with me. I know His grace covers and protects me, and I know He is sovereign but I have been taking it for granted.  I went to my home church this morning. I’ve been going to River Oak but I decided to go to my home church with my mom this morning.   The message really spoke to me. Pastor Ray said basically that it’s easy to understand from an outside perspective and make a judgment call but unless you know the context of the situation you don’t understand the concept of the reality of the situation.  He preached out of John 4 where Jesus had to go through Samaria which was basically going through a land of the most hated people to get to Galilee. There he met a Samaritan woman by the well who had been married 5 times and living with a man. And he asked her for water. And she was surprised. Then Jesus said if she only knew the gift God had for her...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...