Skip to main content

Cliche



I already know this song is cliche and pertains to love  but when I listen to it I hear my resilience shine through and I let it sing to me. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=18gbfZfPg466YzYKiWqM7TE4nTFMiD7iX

Today was a hard day. It was the last major holiday I celebrated as an official single woman. And I didn’t break down into tears until I started writing this post. I made it through the day. 

I fb celebrated my happiness for Vday 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1hEhgyIAXZTtRYeVgrIeytzGCgz7RdIdS
It was a genuine smile. I was lit up with joy. Bittersweet joy. And now here I am bawling my eyes out. 

This song is on repeat in the background and although it’s a song about togetherness and being committed to each other, I take it in solitude and standing on my own two feet in solidarity with self love. When it says you and I remain the same- that is me and myself. 

I am stronger today than I ever have been in my life. I don’t ever want to lose that and I don’t ever want that to be taken away from me. I’ve worked so hard for where I’m at and I have so much potential for where I am headed. 

Today I cried. 

I had my friends to lean on. And I did the thing every single “single” girl does on Valentine’s Day that doesn’t have a date 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1OXyn0fpEKiH0qRa6kbT_17Pj8_OSCx6b

Kaitlyn cooked the best steaks for me and Nick. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1iB8lvSwOTc_IQBrY6NSyUrZ6lEPNII42

And I had the sweetest little valentines. Stella and Reese. 

Today was definitely emotional for me. It was the end of an era. I am totally exaggerating. But it was a huge step. Although my ex and I have totally moved our separate ways and remain friends - it’s still a stone to be stepped on in the path of grieving the loss of a loved one. 

I know what true love felt like and I have no doubt I will feel it again. That is the power of resilience. Falling down and getting back up - until you’re strong enough that you build a house where the bones are good and it doesn’t fall down. 

So yes this song is so cliché but it holds so much significance in my life. 

And I’m pretty sure I just wrote a critical analysis of a song like I was taught in college for fun... this is my life... this is Valentine’s Day. Happy Valentine’s Day 🥰

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad

I am sitting here watching Daniel the Tiger and they are singing a song called “Mad” and one thing that I am learning now that I didn’t know then is that it’s ok to be mad at some one.  I only used to get mad at inanimate objects because they didn’t have any feelings and I am that sensitive of a person that I knew that they couldn’t get hurt so I would take my feelings of anger out on things not people.  I never wanted to hurt a persons feelings because I knew how it felt to be hurt by anger and I didn’t want to make someone feel how I felt.  It’s ok to be mad at people. This is how I always would be: You don’t want to walk around being a victim all the time. You don’t want to walk around being hurt all the time. Its ok to be angry. But. And there’s a huge but! It’s not cool to be cruel. Be angry BUT use your anger and let it be a cathartic release to catalyst you into something amazing such as.... painting, sports, music, running. Anything. Something. It’s power. Let it ...

Falling

You fall flat on your face. So what do you do? Do you sit there and waddle in your misery? Do you sit there and throw a pity party for yourself? Do you sit there and stay down and keep beating a dead horse wondering where you went wrong? NO! You pick yourself back up again. You keep going, no matter how many times you fall you pick yourself up and you keep moving forward. I read a book by John C Maxwell that said you can’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself, and that resonated with in me. You are going to fail if you want to be successful. I have fallen so many times. Three major times to count, but I have gotten back up. For my writing specifically, I have fallen, I have made a fool of myself – I have literally exposed myself and made myself look like an idiot but I have gotten back up and recreated myself. It’s never too late. The beauty, if you can find it, of having Bipolar disorder is that you literally fall flat on your face several times and you build a level of ...

Values and Boundaries

What are your values and boundaries? Should we create boundaries? How do we create boundaries? How do we value ourselves? These are all very good questions that I hope I can help to clarify Jeremiah 5:22 “Have you no respect for me? Why don’t you tremble in my presence? I, the Lord define the ocean’s sandy shoreline as an everlasting boundary that the waters cannot cross. The waves may toss and roar but they can never pass the boundary I set.” Boundaries. What is a boundary? Webster defines boundary as something that indicates or fixes a limit or extent. In that verse God set His limit with the Israelites. He called them out and asked them, why are you crossing my boundary that I have placed before you? I have boundaries set in place and you have directly gone against them. Why? In Jeremiah 4:18 God says “Your own action have brought this upon you. This punishment is bitter, piercing you to the heart.” So not only did God place boundaries, he also said there were consequen...